Jjajangmyeong (Black Bean Noodles)
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- Jjajangmyeong noodles
- 1/2lb pork belly, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 1 cup daikon, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 1 cup potato, peeled and cut into 1/2in cubes
- 1.5 cup onion, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- 2 tablespoons potato starch powder, combine 1/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced thinly like toothpicks
- In a large wok or pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and stir-fry the pork for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Pour out the excess fat.
- Add daikon and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the potato, onion, and zucchini and keep stirring for about 3 minutes, or until the potato becomes a bit translucent.
- Push the ingredients to the side of the wok to leave a void center.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of black bean paste and stir for 1 minute. Mix everything in the work together and stir.
- Add 2 cups of water to the wok to degrease the pan and let it cook with the lid closed for 10 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the starch water into the mix, and keep stirring until it's mix well and thick.
- Add the sesame oil and remove from heat.
- Serve over noodles (jjajangmyeon) or steamed rice (jjajangbap) and enjoy!